ESRI UC 2020 Day 2

Tuesday started with a class on 3D in webmaps. It was very cool, but I didn't learn anything new.

Next was my most favorite class - Map Wizardry with ArcGIS! This was my favorite class last year, and I quickly became a fan of the teachers.  They are cartographic geniuses and serious wizards.  I love their creativity in creating maps that just blow your mind. I made sure to tell my colleagues about this class.  They showed off some seriously amazing work. I need to download some of the style files:
  • firefly symbology
  • firefly basemap
  • stipling symbology in Pro
  • watercolor style
  • spilhaus mapping
  • imhof
  • John Nelson pro styles to download gallery - 
Some styles don't always translate to online maps.  One option is to bake it into raster tiles. Their motto is to "go beyond the defaults." They showed a way cool map of Mars, that I seriously geeked out about. Their Cartography book is meant to be a modern manual.

Next was Plenary #2.

In the afternoon I watched "Solving Webmap Challenges: Imperfect Data, Engaging Popups and App." I quickly lost interest in this class because it was overshadowed by political choices in their sample maps.  I did learn there is a pop-up blog that has arcade examples, I need to look this one up. There is not a MOOC for arcade currently, even though this is requested A LOT. You are unable to change chart colors in map viewer. You can change the pop-up background color with html. Featureset ability in arcade - featureset query to return everything in the area of a click (check blog for examples: blogs.esri.com). The new release has some arcade support in dashboards.


Check out the best video you will ever see about this day here.

Popular posts from this blog

What Inspires Me

Developers Summit 2018, Day 1

ESRI UC 2020 Day 1